In this liveProject, you’ll build a product catalog for an ecommerce application. You’ll learn how to load data from a database and display it on an HTML page, and use integration tests to properly understand your model and ensure its accuracy. At the end, you’ll have a fully functional Spring application that loads data from the database using Spring Data JPA and displays it using Spring MVC.
This liveProject is for experienced Java developers who are new to the Spring Framework. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Java IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or Visual Studio Code
- Basics of HTML
- Basics of testing
- Basics of Databases
- Basics of HTTP protocols
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn best practices of modern Spring application development, including web development, securing web applications, integrating with external systems, and deploying.
- Front-end development using Spring MVC, HTML, and CSS
- Accessing relation data in Postgres using Spring Data
- Creating database migrations using Flyway
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.