What is liveBook?
liveBook is our innovative online reader, offering features you won't find anywhere else. With liveBook you can read your Manning books from any browser, add your own bookmarks and comments, and more. It's another first from Manning Publications!
The liveBook advantage
Here's what liveBook offers you over an ordinary print or eBook:
- Search through the entire Manning liveBook library—including books you don't own.
- Micropurchase pieces of books, from single paragraphs to entire chapters.
- Code listings can be copied and run directly within the liveBook (where available).
- Use bookmarks, highlight passages, share links with your team, and make personal notes.
- Interactive exercises will help you grasp difficult concepts and check your progress.
- Audiobook versions of select titles with full integration of exercises and code.
Whether at home or at work, we believe you will learn much faster, and find exactly what you need using the liveBook!
What is micropurchasing?
Micropurchasing enables you to purchase, or "unlock", just the content you need in liveBook. With tokens you can buy as much of a book as you want, from an individual paragraph to multiple chapters. Unlock and start learning today!
liveBook intro video
What is liveAudio?
liveAudio offers audiobook versions of select Manning titles. Listen to liveAudio on the go, or to relax your eyes and just focus on learning. You can stream liveAudio in your web browser, or download the .mp3 files to listen when and where you want!
How does liveAudio work?
liveAudio works just like a normal audiobook, but with a few unique features:
- Variable narration speed enables you to set your preferred pace of listening.
- You can navigate audio from the body of text. A vertical line on the left side of the text tracks your listening progress, with Play and Pause functionality to the left of every paragraph.
- Colored text for ease of reading. Text currently being read is blue, unread is grey, and read is black.
Why do only some titles have liveAudio add-ons?
As you know, reading an entire book takes time! We carefully curate our liveAudio collection.
Let us know which titles you'd like to hear in liveAudio!