In this liveProject, you’ll build a shopping basket that stores data in a user session. You will learn how to use sessions in Spring MVC, handle HTML forms, and use different bean scopes in Spring Framework. At the end, you will have a basket feature added to the website, so users can add items from the catalog.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for experienced Java developers who are new to Spring Framework. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Java IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or Visual Studio Code
- Basics of HTML
- Basics of testing
- Basics of HTTP protocols
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn best practices of modern Spring application development, including web development, securing web applications, integrating with external systems, and deploying.
- Front-end development using Spring MVC, HTML and CSS
- Configuring bean scopes
- Submitting forms in Spring MVC
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.