In this liveProject, you’ll package your application as a Docker image that’s ready for easy deployment. You’ll use Spring Boot to package your app to Docker, and then deploy to AWS with Amazon RDS and Beanstalk. Finally, you’ll reimplement functionalities for a Facebook login and configure HTTPs.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for experienced Java developers who are new to the Spring framework. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Basics of Docker
- Java IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or Visual Studio Code
- Basics of HTTP templating, HTML, and CSS
- Basics of OAuth2 protocol
- Basics of web technologies, such as HTTP templating, HTML, and CSS
- Relational databases (SQL)
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn best practices of modern Spring application development, including web development, securing web applications, integrating with external systems, and deploying.
- Understanding fundamentals of container technologies
- Configuring Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Deploying Spring Boot app into Amazon Elastic Beanstalk
- Re-configuring an application database connection in production
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.