In this liveProject, you’ll create a user registration form that allows users to specify their delivery address and use that address at checkout. You’ll use Spring Security to configure a form-based user registration and login, set up password controls, and store user details in PostgreSQL.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for experienced Java developers who are new to the Spring Framework. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Java IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or Visual Studio Code
- Basics of HTML
- Basics of testing
- Basics of HTTP protocols
- Basics of databases
- Password-based authentication
- Web security
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn best practices of modern Spring application development, including web development, securing web applications, integrating with external systems, and deploying.
- Front-end development using Spring MVC, HTML and CSS
- Configuring Spring Security form login
- Setting CSRF protection
- Configuring Spring Security to store user details in PostgreSQL
- Configuring password encryption
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.