In this liveProject, you’ll rebuild an outdated candidate report-generating application to use the latest standard of Spring Boot. This new application will take advantage of Spring Boot’s amazing features such as bundled dependencies, reduction of boilerplate code, and integration with other modern frameworks. It can also benefit from running with an embedded server, meaning your boss can finally decommission old application servers.
This liveProject is for intermediate Java developers, who are familiar with the basics of enterprise web development. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with the following:
- Intermediate Java
- Basics of Spring
- Web servlet engine or application server
- Basics of web development
- Basics of web application testing
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn important technologies for modernizing legacy apps, cloud development, and containerization that are in high demand from modern businesses.
- Development with Spring Boot
- Testing with Spring Boot and JUnit 5
- Modernization techniques including microservices and dependency bundling
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.