In this liveProject, you’ll prepare an old monolithic application for migration to microservices by converting it to be a REST-based service. You’ll break up an established monolith by using bounded contexts to give your microservices responsibility over a smaller part of the business domain. You’ll convert these microservices to use RESTful APIs, allowing for the existing business logic to remain intact, and leaving behind a static Thymeleaf-based user interface allows another team to write a modern front end.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for intermediate Java developers, who are familiar with the basics of enterprise web development. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with the following:
- Intermediate Java
- Basic Spring
- Basic REST
- Basics of web development
- Basics of web application testing
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn important technologies for modernizing legacy apps, cloud development, and containerization that are in high demand from modern businesses.
- Development with Spring Boot
- Testing with Spring Boot, JUnit 5, and Postman
- Modernization techniques including RESTful APIs
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.