In this liveProject, you’ll use Docker, the Docker compose command line, and Bootstrap to construct an easy-to-use UI for your search engine. You’ll work to set up a single node Elasticsearch cluster, before putting together your Bootstrap UI, and then create a customized Docker image of the Flask API that serves your transformers model and frontend.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for intermediate Python programmers familiar with the command line and Docker. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Python
- Basic understanding of CLIs
- Basic Elasticsearch
- Basic HTML
- Basic Docker
- Basic Flask web development
- Reading data from and writing to JSON files
- Manipulations with tuples, lists, and dictionaries using loops and comprehensions
you will learn
In this liveProject you’ll build an intuitive user interface for your search engine to make it easily accessible to clients.
- Packaging and deploying with Docker
- Defining and managing an application with Docker compose
- Search and indexing with Elasticsearch
- Building APIs with Flask