In this liveProject, you’ll bring together multiple tools and models to construct a production-grade smart search engine. You’ll combine off-the-shelf Elasticsearch models for keyword search with your own semantic search API using transformers. Start by setting up and indexing an Elasticsearch Docker container, then quickly move on to boosting search relevance with BERT. Finally, you’ll set up a Flask API to serve a BERT model and look into customizing your search engine for your own particular topics of interest.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for intermediate Python programmers familiar with the command line and Docker. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Python
- Basic understanding of conda environments
- Basic Docker
- Basic Flask web development
- Reading data from and writing to JSON files
- Manipulations with tuples, lists, and dictionaries using loops and comprehensions
you will learn
In this liveProject you’ll construct an enterprise-grade search engine using in-demand development technologies.
- Packaging and deploying with Docker
- Search and indexing with Elasticsearch
- Building APIs with Flask
- Scraping articles with WikipediaAPI and Python