In this liveProject, you’ll create a continuous integration pipeline for your tests. Continuous Integration (CI) automates the testing of code whenever the code changes. This ensures code quality remains high and encourages regular merging and testing. You’ll use Azure DevOps to create and run a CI pipeline to build code, then run XUnit-based tests, set up filters for different tests, and add code coverage for analysis of run results.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for intermediate C# developers who want to improve their understanding of modern testing practices. No previous testing experience is required. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate C#
- Visual Studio: able to create new projects and install plug-ins
- ASP.NET and web development
- .NET desktop development
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Basics of MongoDB
- Basics of Docker: able to run Docker and Docker Compose files from Visual Studio
- Basic YAML: able to read simple YAML files
- Basic REST and HTTP for creating web services
you will learn
In this liveProject, you will learn how to set up a build server to guarantee the quality of your code.
- Set up a CI server to automatically run tests with every code change
- Decide which tests to run on each pipeline
- Collect and analyze data from your CI run