In this liveProject, you’ll learn to write effective unit tests for an existing ASP.NET e-commerce application. You’ll start by analyzing where unit tests can be implemented, then write and run those tests using Visual Studio and best practices. You’ll refactor those tests to the Builder pattern in order to reduce test code and improve maintainability. Finally, you’ll set up integration tests for code that rely on external dependencies, and use your tests to guide the creation of new functionality for your app.
This liveProject is for intermediate C# developers who want to improve their understanding of modern testing practices. No previous testing experience is required. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate C#
- Visual Studio: able to create new projects and install plugins
- ASP.NET and web development
- .NET desktop development
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Basics of MongoDB
- Basics of Docker: able to run Docker and Docker Compose files from Visual Studio
- Basic YAML: able to read simple YAML files
- Basic REST and HTTP for creating web services
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn to write and automate unit tests that will give you a better understanding of how a piece of code works. Unit tests are one of the best ways to ensure your code remains seamlessly bug free.
- Configuring the environment for unit testing
- Analyzing an application to find where to apply unit tests
- Writing and running tests with XUnit and Visual Studio
- Refactoring tests to theories and the Builder pattern
- Writing and running integration tests
- Creating new functionalities using tests
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.