In this liveProject, you’ll use the creative Processing creative coding environment to link and synchronize visual assets with audio material. You’ll start by simulating a 3D landscape, then animate a camera flight through the landscape, before cohesively setting your movie to music to create a music video.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
For Java programmers interested in developing or rediscovering their creativity with easy visual computing techniques.
- Basic Java
- Basics of Processing
- Basic debugging using the Processing console
- Basic math such as linear algebra (vectors and vector addition) and geometry
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll expand your perspectives on programming and turn a professional task into a fun activity once again. By revisiting computational concepts from a creativity-inspired angle, you’ll learn how code can be an expressive and explorative tool instead of just a problem solver.
- How to create three-dimensional scenes using the Processing canvas and 3D coordinate system
- How to create a camera flight with 3D transformations and the Processing camera functions
- How to animate objects in 3D
- How to work with Processing audio playback
- How to render a movie in Processing and align it with a music track