In this liveProject, you’ll use the Processing creative coding environment to animate still photos or artwork. You’ll start by animating simple object images with interaction techniques, then animate landscape photos using layers and transparency. Finally, you’ll extend these techniques to creative drawing on images.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
For Java programmers interested in developing or rediscovering their creativity with easy visual computing techniques.
- Basic Java
- Basics of Processing
- Basic debugging using the Processing console
- Basic math such as linear algebra (vectors and vector addition) and geometry
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll expand your perspectives on programming and turn a professional task into a fun activity once again. By revisiting computational concepts from a creativity-inspired angle, you’ll learn how code can be an expressive and explorative tool instead of just a problem solver.
- How to work pixel images in Processing
- Processing file and image handling
- How to use Processing layers and masks to manipulate pixel images
- How to leverage Processing mouse and keyboard handlers for interactive drawing