In this liveProject, you’ll use p5.js to link and synchronize visual assets with audio material. You’ll start by simulating a 3D landscape, then animate a camera flight through the landscape, before cohesively setting your movie to music to create a music video.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
- Basics of p5.js
- Basic debugging
- Basic math such as linear algebra (vectors and vector addition) and geometry
you will learn
In this liveProject series, you’ll expand your perspectives on programming and turn a professional craft into a fun activity once again. By revisiting computational concepts from a creativity-inspired angle, you’ll learn how code can be an expressive and explorative tool instead of just a problem solver.
- p5.js canvas and 3D coordinate system basics
- Drawing with 3D primitives and transformations
- Working with the p5.js 3D camera
- p5.js audio playback and movie rendering
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.