In this liveProject, you’ll work with the Processing environment to create and animate modern artwork. You’ll see how you can use code to replicate the abstract colors and shapes of Russian artist Kazimir Malevich and animate your reproduction into a moving 2D image, then explore the work of American sculptor Alexander Calder and how it can be reproduced in both 2D and animated 3D.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
For Java programmers interested in developing or rediscovering their creativity with easy visual computing techniques.
- Basic Java
- Basics of Processing
- Basic debugging using the Processing console
- Basic math such as linear algebra (vectors and vector addition) and geometry
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll expand your perspectives on programming and turn a professional task into a fun activity once again. By revisiting computational concepts from a creativity-inspired angle, you’ll learn how code can be an expressive and explorative tool instead of just a problem solver.
- How to replicate and compose a modern artwork on the Processing canvas
- How to work with Processing 2D/3D coordinate system
- How to work with the Processing draw loop and animation to create realistic movement
- How to leverage the Processing PVector class to simplify animation routines
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.