In this liveProject, you’ll learn how to defend against attacks that could force a failure in your application or cause it to enter an unstable state. Unexpected behaviors and fail states can allow an attacker to steal information or provide information for a secondary attack. You’ll create catch statements and methods that can securely handle exceptions, design code that can maintain state on failure, and learn to avoid unstable system states altogether.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is designed to be accessible to Java programmers of all skill levels. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
- Experience with either Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ IDEA
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn secure coding techniques that you can apply to future code you write or review.
- Creating catch statements to securely handle exceptions
- RegEx and other string filtering
- Designing applications that maintain state on failure
- Handling exceptions which can make applications unstable
- Developing software which can recover from an unstable state