In this liveProject, you’ll use Spring Boot and Gradle to create the basic mobile banking application. You’ll begin by creating the domain object, REST Controller, and supporting service to present the data, then test your application to ensure it’s working properly. You’ll add JPA to store your users’ transactions, then finish up with end-to-end testing of your whole app.
The liveProject is for intermediate Java programmers who know the basics of Spring Boot and REST services. This project will use the last stable version of Java 14. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Beginner Spring Boot
- Beginner build tools
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll master the technology stack used for professional Java development. You’ll learn the ins and outs of integration, one of the most common tasks in software development.
- Basics of Spring Boot
- Create a REST Controller with Spring Web
- JPA to persist state to a database
- Using RestAssured to perform integration tests on Spring Applications
- Use Testcontainers to perform tests on your JPA code
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.