In this liveProject, you’ll build an API that can integrate your customer’s transaction data from a third party. You’ll construct a robust client with OpenAPI and WebClient, and make HTTP requests with Spring Boot. You’ll then develop a pipeline of enrichment for the merchant data you acquire through your API.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
The liveProject is for intermediate Java programmers who know the basics of Spring Boot and REST services. This project will use the last stable version of Java 14. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Beginner Spring Boot
- Beginner build tools
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll master the technology stack used for professional Java development. You’ll learn the ins and outs of integration, one of the most common tasks in software development.
- Consuming external data and integrating it with your application using Spring’s WebClient
- Integrating with OpenAPI
- Code generation from OpenAPI
- Calling third-party applications using WebClient
- Circuit breaker pattern for Spring applications
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.