In this liveProject, you’ll ensure your system behaves according to customer requirements by implementing acceptance tests. You’ll use SpecFlow and Gherkin to test existing functionality, WireMock to test each service with a fake interaction between services, and, finally, use behavior-driven development (BDD) and test-driven development (TDD) to create a new service.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for intermediate C# developers who want to improve their understanding of modern testing practices. No previous testing experience is required. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate C#
- Visual Studio: able to create new projects and install plug-ins, min. version 2019
- ASP.NET and web development, min. version .NET 5
- .NET desktop development
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Basics of MongoDB
- Basics of Docker: able to run Docker and Docker Compose files from Visual Studio
- Basic YAML: able to read simple YAML files
- Basic REST and HTTP for creating web services
you will learn
In this liveProject you will learn how to use Gherkin syntax to create executable specifications. You will create service level tests for your service, then use BDD and TDD to create a new service from scratch.
- Writing service level tests
- Use business requirements and BDD to drive new feature implementation
- Write and run specifications using the Gherkin syntax and SpecFlow
- Use WireMock for faking other services in acceptance tests