In this liveProject you’ll step into the shoes of a backend engineer working for a SaaS company that builds custom WhatsApp messaging tools. Your new client is a college professor who wants to be able to send group messages to her students. Your challenge is creating cloud-based software that lets your client write customizable messages, send messages to individuals or an uploaded group list, and view a message delivery status log. To do this, you’ll use Node.JS, a serverless framework, and AWS resources such as Lambda Function and DynamoDB.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
- Basics of Node.js
- Basics of NoSQL database
- Basics of DynamoDB CRUD operations
- REST APIs
- Basic knowledge of YML/YAML-based syntax
- Command-line interfaces (CLIs)
- Serverless architecture
- Basics of event-driven architecture
- Basics understanding of Webhooks and idempotency concepts
- Familiarity with Rest API client tools such as Postman or Insomnia REST
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn to design and develop a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service program using the latest serverless tools. The skills you’ll develop can be easily transferred to other messaging projects, such as order notifications, user verifications, and security protocols.
- Node.JS libraries for parsing recipient list CSV files, accessing and managing AWS resources, and sending outbound messages
- Building APIs with Amazon API gateway
- Business logic with AWS Lambda
- Storing message templates and message delivery logs with AWS DynamoDB
- Processing messages with Amazon SQS