In this liveProject, you’ll build a new recommendation service for a travel application that’s migrating to microservices. Taking on the role of a software engineer for SimpleTravel, you’ll use AWS Lambda functions to quickly implement production-ready microservices. You’ll start by implementing Lambda functions using the AWS Console, and then script them with AWS Command Line Interface.
This liveProject is for software developers and architects who want to learn to use AWS Lambda to smooth the process of creating microservices on AWS. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Amazon Web Services Console
- Basics of Amazon Web Services Command Line Interface (AWS CLI)
- Basics of NodeJS and NPM
- Basics of microservices architectures
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn how easy it is to develop microservices architectures by using the features of AWS Lambda. The skills you master are easily transferable to building software at scale using AWS.
- Deploy a Lambda function using AWS Console or AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Interactions between AWS Lambda and microservice architectures
- Implementing your first AWS Lambda function
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.