In this liveProject, you’ll step into the role of a Platform Engineer and build a command-line application for generating a web application scaffold using Go. This incredibly useful tool will ensure that all the services across your company follow standard practices and match a preset source code structure. Your colleagues are excited—with this new tool they can bootstrap their projects more quickly and ship features faster. Your challenges will include using the Go standard library package to implement a command-line application, creating web application templates, and writing end-to-end tests.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for beginner Go programmers who have mastered the basics and want to take their skills to the next level. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Basics of Go standard library package
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll take part in the real-world experience of building useful software with Go. You’ll focus on writing code that is automatically testable, saving you time and ensuring quality.
- Set up a standard command line interface for your application
- Embed data in your application binary
- Use templates to generate and render customized web application scaffolds
- Interact with the filesystem to create files and directories
- Write unit tests and integration tests