In this liveProject, you’ll use the Processing creative coding environment to draw and animate abstract logos by combining simple visual elements. You’ll use color gradients to create vibrant icons, design complex shape-based logos, and combine the two techniques into exotic and interesting logo art.
For Java programmers interested in developing or rediscovering their creativity with easy visual computing techniques.
- Basic Java
- Basics of Processing
- Basic debugging using the Processing console
- Basic math such as linear algebra (vectors and vector addition) and geometry
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll expand your perspective on programming and turn a professional task into a fun activity once again. By revisiting computational concepts from a creativity-inspired angle, you’ll learn how code can be an expressive and explorative tool instead of just a problem solver.
- Processing canvas and coordinate system basics
- How to decompose a commercial logo into visual elements
- How to work with layers and transparency to create a complex logo
- How to combine different drawing primitives Processing with transformations
- Processing draw loop and animation basics
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.