This title has been retired and is no longer for sale.
In this liveProject, you’ll take on the role of a Java developer building an ecommerce web app for a small bakery. To support their business model of delivering cakes for breakfast, the bakery needs a bespoke solution that focuses on local delivery and one-click payments. Your challenge is to create a minimal viable product for the store and then iterate on it with new business features such as a shopping basket, Facebook login, and PayPal checkout. To do this, you’ll use the Spring and Spring Boot Java frameworks to build, test, and deploy your app. Every milestone in this liveProject includes a set of unit and integration tests, and basic user-interface tests, to help you to understand best practices of software testing.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for experienced Java developers who are new to the Spring framework. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Java IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or Visual Studio Code
- Basics of HTTP templating, HTML, and CSS
- Basics of OAuth2 protocol
- Basics of web technologies, such as HTTP templating, HTML and CSS
- Relational databases (SQL)
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn best practices of modern Spring application development, including web development, securing web applications, integration with external systems, and deployment.
- Working with a backlog
- Unit and integration tests
- Securing applications with Spring Security
- Front-end development with Spring MVC
- Deploying an application with Docker to AWS Elastic Beanstalk