Empower your team with platforms built on top of Kubernetes using open source tools.
Adopting Kubernetes is complex—especially when you’re working in an organization with multiple teams, deploying to multiple cloud providers, and working with different stacks. Platform Engineering on Kubernetes
shows you how to solve these common cloud native problems with open-source tools and emerging best practices from the Kubernetes community.
In Platform Engineering on Kubernetes
you will learn about:
- The principles behind platform engineering and how these apply to Kubernetes
- Evaluating and adopting open-source projects to build domain specific platforms
- Creating Platform APIs to enable teams to release more software more efficiently
- Reducing the cognitive load of a platform for your teams
- Measuring your platform initiatives using established software delivery metrics
- Package, version, distribute, and deploy with Helm, Tekton, Dagger and Argo CD
- Implement a multi-cloud infrastructure strategy using Crossplane
- Progressive upgrades with Knative Serving and Argo Rollouts
- Enable development teams with standard application-level APIs with Dapr
A platform helps your team stay focused on delivering amazing software. But building a reliable platform on top of Kubernetes demands real expertise. Platform Engineering on Kubernetes
reveals how to combine multiple popular open-source projects into a custom platform that works for your applications and your teams. It’s the perfect guide for your organization’s journey to Kubernetes, simplifying cloud native development for your dev teams and helping them deliver software faster.