In this liveProject, you’ll run a containerized Spring Boot application and a PostgreSQL database in Kubernetes. Kubernetes manages the entire lifecycle of containers, making them easy to scale. It’s the best-of-breed cloud container orchestration framework, with an active open-source community of contributors.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for intermediate Java developers, who are familiar with the basics of enterprise web development. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with the following:
- Intermediate Java
- Basic Kubernetes CLI
- Basic k9s
- Basics of enterprise web development
- Basic Kubernetes StatefulSet usage
- Basic Kubernetes Service usage
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn important technologies for modernizing legacy apps, Cloud development, and containerization that are in high demand from modern businesses.
- Setting up and running desktop Kubernetes
- Managing multiple deployments in namespaces
- Running PostgreSQL as a Kubernetes (StatefulSet)
- Building containers for Spring Boot applications using kaniko
- Deploying your Spring Boot application in Kubernetes
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.