Build professional quality web applications using Python and the Django 4.2 web framework.
The Django web application framework powers huge sites like Netflix, Dropbox, YouTube and Spotify. Learn how it can power your web apps too! In this hands-on book, you’ll start building a fully-functional web application with Django starting with chapter 1.
In Django in Action
Django in Action
- Build a multi-user web site in Django
- Read, write, and manage data
- Create reusable and composable HTML templates
- Manage user data including form submissions and file uploads
- Set up authentication, authorization, and per-person-per-page
- Manage the backend using the Django Admin tool
- Discover Django libraries and plugins
is the perfect way to get started for new Django developers creating their first Python-based web apps. It’s written by Christopher Trudeau, co-host of The Real Python Podcast and creator of dozens of popular courses at Real Python and TalkPython. As you work through the book, you’ll create and upgrade a web application as you explore useful and exciting Django plug-ins, and tackle challenging exercises that help lock-in your new skills. You’ll especially enjoy the author’s lighthearted style that makes learning fun!