Data protection is integral to any modern business. Companies need to ensure their users’ financial and personal information is safe, secure, and kept in compliance with security standards.
In this liveProject, you’ll step into the shoes of a DevOps consultant who needs to produce card data storage compliance reports for auditors—right before your Hawaiian vacation! You’ll get hands-on experience developing a system that can scan production servers, generate compliance results, and automatically rectify issues.
You’ll use AWS and Terraform to spin up your infrastructure, create and remove testing servers on-demand with Ansible, and scan your security standards with OpenSCAP. Finally, you’ll automate the project, creating a simple website that delivers compliance reports while you enjoy the sand and sun.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for sysadmins who work with Linux systems, ideally Red Hat Linux. Knowledge of the public cloud and an awareness of security compliance will be helpful, but is not required. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Linux
- Basic Ansible
- Basic Terraform
- Basic AWS
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and agile methodology
- Basic knowledge of public cloud infrastructure and automation
- Understanding of the principles of security compliance
you will learn
By completing this liveProject, you’ll master Linux, infrastructure automation, and configuration management. You’ll be able to apply the principles you learn to other compliance frameworks.
- Managing security and risk in a sealed environment
- Automating and orchestrating infrastructure with Terraform
- How Ansible complements Terraform and vice-versa
- Using Ansible for configuration management and provisioning
- AWX for scheduling and managing tasks
- Making Red Hat Enterprise Linux more secure
- Managing Compliance with OpenSCAP profiles
- Display compliance results as static web pages