Terraform simplifies the cloud. It defines infrastructure as code (IaC) that can be easily shared, maintained with version control, and reliably tested.
In this liveProject, you’ll join up-and-coming startup Cloudesk as its new DevOps engineer. Cloudesk is struggling to handle its cloud resources manually, and have hired you to manage its current and future cloud resources using Terraform code. Your challenges will include importing manually created resources, working with Terraform resources in accordance with compliance requirements, and managing the conversion of legacy systems. When you’re finished, you’ll have hands-on experience with Terraform management that will let you confidently handle Terraform in any size organization!
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
For DevOps and cloud engineers familiar with the basics of Terraform. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Basic Terraform
- Basic Bash
- Basic JSON
- Basic Go
- Setting up a Terraform cloud provider, like AWS
you will learn
Go under the hood of Terraform, and learn the advanced functions that make the platform shine. You’ll master skills for adding Terraform to both big and small organizations, no matter how outdated or complex their existing systems.
- Importing resources to the Terraform environment
- Test and apply changes to a single resource
- Install and use Terraform providers
- Connect resources from other Terraform workspaces
- Prepare Terraform for use in a team by switching backends
- Patch a Terraform provider
- Recover Terraform from a broken state