In this liveProject, you’ll find and fix some long-term bugs in a legacy library. You’ll write a test to characterize a bug in how certain assets are selected for a special display, then modify the test to turn it into a bugfix. Once you’ve squashed that bug, you’ll repeat the process to tackle two more common bugs for Java applications.
This liveProject is for Java developers who want to increase their testing capabilities. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn to develop tests that fix specific bugs, and that stay in place to guard against regressions.
- Using IntelliJ IDEA to write and execute tests
- Deriving tests from existing bugs
- Codify current behavior as a test
- Using tests to drive bugfixes
- Changing tests so they fail until a bug is fixed
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.