In this liveProject, you’ll implement the capability for your CLI tool to continuously poll the data source to create a stream of data over the command line. Once you’ve set up that functionality, you’ll integrate your new CLI into your company’s wider intelligence gathering system, which requires exposing an HTTP endpoint that provides the most recent performance indicators.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for intermediate Rust programmers who want to advance their knowledge beyond the basics. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Rust, min. version 1.51
- Basics of Cargo (basics)
- Basics of data processing
- Basics of concurrency
- Basics of web server programming
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn how to use unique features of the Rust ecosystem to write asynchronous code and build cross-platform applications. The skills you learn can be easily transferred to other large-scale and enterprise Rust development projects.
- Async programming using different approaches
- Use async streams for improved efficiency
- Using actors for efficient data processing
- Mix actor and non-actor programming