In this liveProject, you’ll take on the role of a machine learning engineer at a healthcare imaging company, processing and analyzing magnetic resonance (MR) brain images. Your current medical image analysis pipelines are set up to use two types of MR images, but a new set of customer data has only one of those types! Your challenge is to build a convolutional neural network that can perform an image translation to provide you with your missing data. You’ll do this using the deep learning framework PyTorch and a large preprocessed set of MR brain images. The company also wants to make sure your image translation convolutional neural network reliably produces the desired MR image, so you will need to provide qualitative and quantitative results demonstrating your method’s effectiveness.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for experienced Python programmers, familiar with object-oriented programming techniques and Python scientific computing packages. You will need to know the basics of machine learning and statistics, but this course will teach you the advanced techniques. Throughout, you’ll use the Google Collaboratory (“Colab”) coding environment to access free GPU computer resources and speed up your training times. To begin this liveProject, you will also need to be familiar with:
- Basics of Matplotlib
- Basics of Jupyter Notebook
- Basics of Git
- Intermediate PyTorch
- Basics of gradient descent and SGD
- Basics of Loss functions
- Basics of Back-propagation
- Basics of neural networks
- Basics of advanced functions for ANNs such as softmax, sigmoid, ReLu
you will learn
The skills you develop in this liveProject are useful for all practitioners and researchers of deep learning. Utilizing the powerful PyTorch deep learning framework, you’ll learn techniques for computer vision that are easily transferable outside of medical imaging, such as depth estimation in natural images for self-driving cars, removing rain from natural images, and working with 3D data. You will learn:
- How to load and process imaging data for deep learning applications
- How to build a convolutional neural network
- How to train a neural network for a regression task
- How to evaluate the predictions of your neural network
- How to handle and visualize medical imaging data
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.