Explore the fascinating and rich world of Secret Key cryptography! This book provides practical methods for encrypting messages, an interesting and entertaining historical perspective, and an incredible collection of ciphers and codes—including 30 unbreakable methods.
In Secret Key Cryptography: Ciphers, from simple to unbreakable
Secret Key Cryptography
- Measure the strength of your ciphers and learn how to guarantee their security
- Construct and incorporate data-compression codes
- Generate true random numbers in bulk
- Construct huge primes and safe primes
- Add an undetectable backdoor to a cipher
- Defeat hypothetical ultracomputers that could be developed decades from now
- Construct 30 unbreakable ciphers
gives you a toolbox of cryptographic techniques and Secret Key methods. The book’s simple, non-technical language is easy to understand and accessible for any reader, even without the advanced mathematics normally required for cryptography. You’ll learn how to create and solve ciphers, as well as how to measure their strength. As you go, you’ll explore both historic ciphers and groundbreaking new approaches—including a never-before-seen way to implement the uncrackable One-Time Pad algorithm.
Whoever you are, this book is for you! History buffs will love seeing the evolution of sophisticated cryptographic methods, hobbyists will get a gentle introduction to cryptography, and engineers and computer scientists will learn the principles of constructing secure ciphers. Even professional cryptographers will find a range of new methods and concepts never published before.