Get the speed and reliability of Rust libraries, functions, and high-performance features through incremental adoption without rewriting your codebase from scratch.
This book is the de facto standard on refactoring legacy code with Rust!
In Refactoring to Rust
you will learn to:
Refactoring to Rust
- Create Rust libraries you can call from other programming languages
- Integrate Rust functions with code in other languages
- Use Rust’s ownership and borrowing system to write high performance code
- Handle errors as values using Rust’s enums
- Minimize unnecessary memory usage with Rust’s multiple string types
- Boost performance with Rust concurrency and async event processing
- Create Rust HTTP services
teaches you how to take advantage of Rust’s easy-to-use interoperating mechanisms. Learn practical code-mixing techniques like embedding Rust libraries into apps written in other languages. This practical guide emphasises techniques for incrementally refactoring performance-critical code to Rust while keeping the rest of your application in its original language.