Dive into DuckDB and start processing gigabytes of data with ease—all with no data warehouse.
You don’t need expensive hardware or to spin up a whole new cluster whenever you want to analyze a big data set. You just need DuckDB! This modern and fast embedded database runs on a laptop, and lets you easily process data from almost any source, including JSON, CSV, Parquet, SQLite and Postgres. In DuckDB in Action
you’ll learn everything you need to know to get the most out of this awesome tool, keep your data secure on prem, and save you hundreds on your cloud bill.
Open up DuckDB in Action
and learn how to:
DuckDB in Action
- Read and process data from CSV, JSON and Parquet sources both locally and remote
- Write analytical SQL queries, including aggregations, common table expressions, window functions, special types of joins, and pivot tables
- Use DuckDB from Python, both with SQL and its "Relational"-API, interacting with databases but also data frames
- Prepare, ingest and query large datasets
- Build cloud data pipelines
- Extend DuckDB with custom functionality
introduces the DuckDB database and shows you how to use it to solve common data workflow problems. It’s full of quick wins—right from chapter one, you’ll be finding new ways that DuckDB can speed up your work as a data professional. Each new concept is paired with a hands-on project example, so you can easily see how DuckDB works in action.