In this liveProject, you’ll create a Google Data Studio report that can visualise your datasets for the purpose of business intelligence. You’ll connect up numerous data sources using BigQuery to feed directly into your new BI dashboard. You’ll design and implement revenue and daily spend metrics and line graphs, and scorecards for top users.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for complete beginners to data engineering, with a basic understanding of cloud data pipelines you can develop through the other liveProjects in this series. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
- Data Studio
- Basics of SQL
- Basics of cloud computing
- Basics of data visualization
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn how to utilize an effective cloud data warehouse as the heart of your data architecture.
- Connect a BigQuery table as a GDS data source
- Connect a custom data source as a BigQuery SQL query with date parameters
- Create a table chart in GDS using the data you have in your tables
- Create an area chart using BigQuery data to visualize user spend in GDS
- Add bar charts and slider controls to a GDS dashboard
- Use a custom dataset parameter with Input box control in GDS