In this liveProject, you’ll use Google Cloud Platform’s BigQuery tool to transfer data from a legacy data lake to new cloud storage on GCP. You’ll start by setting up your Google Cloud developer account, then utilize Google Web Console to create a Cloud Storage bucket and load data into a BigQuery table. You’ll learn how to handle different file formats, and manage resources with Google Cloud Shell.
This liveProject is for complete beginners to data engineering, who have never worked with Google Cloud Platform before.
- Basics of cloud computing
- Basics of shell scripting
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn how to utilize an effective cloud data warehouse as the heart of your data architecture.
- Setting up a Google Cloud account
- Loading data into BigQuery
- Handling file formats
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.