Do you know what happens to your personal data when you are browsing, buying, or using apps? Discover how your data is harvested and exploited, and what you can do to access, delete, and monetize it.
Data for All
empowers everyone—from tech experts to the general public—to control how third parties use personal data. Read this eye-opening book to learn:
- The types of data you generate with every action, every day
- Where your data is stored, who controls it, and how much money they make from it
- How you can manage access and monetization of your own data
- Restricting data access to only companies and organizations you want to support
- The history of how we think about data, and why that is changing
- The new data ecosystem being built right now for your benefit
The data you generate every day is the lifeblood of many large companies—and they make billions of dollars using it. In Data for All
, bestselling author John K. Thompson outlines how this one-sided data economy is about to undergo a dramatic change. Thompson pulls back the curtain to reveal the true nature of data ownership, and how you can turn your data from a revenue stream for companies into a financial asset for your benefit.