In this liveProject, you’ll implement a gateway service that validates the access tokens and redirects the valid requests to a service-oriented system. You’ll configure the gateway routes and gateway authorization rules, redirecting the requests to the right business logic implementation.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for intermediate Java developers familiar with Spring and Spring Security. To begin this liveProject you need to be familiar with the following tools, technologies, and techniques.
- OAuth 2 app roles
- Spring Security basic contracts such as UserDetailsService, PasswordEncoder, and GrantedAuthority
- SQL queries for CRUD operations
- Postman or cURL for endpoint testing
- Authorization code, password, client credentials, and refresh token grant types
- Unit and integration testing
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll master essential skills for securing Java-based microservices architectures.
- Implement a gateway component for a microservices architecture
- Configure the gateway to validate JSON Web Tokens in an OAuth 2 system
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.