In this liveProject, you’ll implement role-based access controls to authorize user operations with JWT. You’ll set up a workflow whereby a purchase order must be approved by a manager, and then develop a functionality to remove permissions from a user once they leave an organization.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for developers who know the basics of REST API development, and who want to add JWT authentication to their toolbox. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Intermediate Java
- Basics of Java Spring
- Basics of SQL and JDBC
- Basics of Linux and command line
- Java IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA
- Testing APIs via PostMan
- Basic debugging
- Code reviews
- Code refactoring
- Unit testing
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn reliable techniques for securing any REST API with JWT.
- Understanding the Procurement API specified in Open API Specification 3.0 using Swagger
- Setting up the environment to run the reference API implementation provided using Java
- Testing the basic functionality of the reference API implementation using Postman
- Adding an authorization layer using JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Identifying the implementation vulnerabilities
- Fixing the Java code to remediate the vulnerabilities identified
- Retesting the new code for functionality using Postman
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.