In this liveProject, you’ll jump into the role of a sysadmin at a logistics software company. Your boss and sales team regularly travel to meet clients, and they want a way to ensure their data is protected when it is transmitted between remote locations. Your idea is to build a reliable and secure private VPN that can be launched on-demand to solve these security issues. You’ll start by creating a simple personal VPN that can protect the URLs you visit when using public internet in a coffee shop, then expand it to an enterprise-scale solution that will work for your whole office. Your final challenge will be to automate the process, so that you can spin up a new VPN in seconds without the costs of constantly running AWS resources.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
For sysadmins familiar with Linux, AWS and cloud computing, and basic security. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Basic Linux
- Basic cloud computing
- Basic networking
- Basic TCP/IP security
- Basic system administration
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn AWS deployment, Network, and Linux skills.
- Cloud computing with AWS and virtual Linux instances in the cloud
- Installing and using the AWS command line interface
- Network configuration at both the client and server ends of the connection
- Data encryption with WireGuard
- Launch Amazon Machine Images on demand