In this liveProject, you’ll walk through the powerful MapReduce algorithm. MapReduce maps out data tasks to multiple processors, and then reduces all processors’ results to a single combination. You’ll use Processing to visualize MapReduce with twenty processor nodes, then animate the MapReduce algorithm with a streaming input dataset
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for software developers, tech educators, and aspiring programmers who know the basics of Java programming. Some experience with Processing will be helpful, but is not required. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
- Basic Java skills such as variables and functions, control structures, if statements, and loops
- Simple data structures
- Simple object-oriented programming
- Basic debugging using print statements and the Processing console
you will learn
This liveProject is an ideal preparation for programming interviews, whiteboarding exercises, computer science studies, and visual communication skill improvement. You’ll deepen your programming skills with a better understanding of common algorithms.
- Data flow graphs based on node and work package data structure
- MapReduce algorithm
- Interactive visualization for streaming data
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.