In this liveProject, you’ll use the Julia language and clustering algorithms to analyze sales data and determine groups of products with similar demand patterns. Clustering is a well-established unsupervised learning technique that’s commonly used to discover patterns and relations in data. You’ll apply k-means and DBSCAN clustering techniques to housing sales data for a retail startup, leveraging your basic Julia skills into mastery of this machine learning task.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for experienced data scientists and data analysts who are interested in building their skills in Julia. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Basics of Jupyter Notebook
- Basics of Julia, and intermediate experience in another high-level programming language such as Python or R
- Intermediate data preprocessing
- Basic clustering-related visualizations
- Intermediate knowledge of k-means clustering and DBSCAN clustering
- Basics of elbow method and silhouettes
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll explore the foundations of k-means and DBSCAN clustering algorithms, confidently apply them to data, and evaluate your output.
- Basic data preparation for clustering methods
- Clustering data with k-means and DBSCAN algorithms
- Evaluating and visualizing the results of clustering
- Analysis of final output to provide business-related insights
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.