In this liveProject, you’ll get hands-on experience using the powerful Google Colab tool for machine learning and deep learning. Colab notebooks let you execute your data science code in Google’s cloud, getting all the benefits of Google’s incredible hardware. You’ll see how Colab works for yourself by running through simple machine learning tasks such as data preprocessing, making use of Colab’s free GPU and TPU hardware acceleration capabilities, and combining Colab with scikit-learn and TensorFlow to train a classifier.
This liveProject is for intermediate Python programmers who know the basics of data science and machine learning. To complete the second milestone of this liveProject, you will work with TensorFlow. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with the following:
- Intermediate Python
- Basics of Jupyter Notebook
- Basics of Google Colab
- Basics of TensorFlow
- Basics of scikit-learn
- Basics of Git and GitHub
- Basics of Google Drive
- Naive Bayes
- Neural Networks
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn how to effectively utilize Google Colab in a data science project. Mastery of Colab opens up free resources that you can use to operate processor-taxing data science that is often impossible on personal hardware.
- Using Colab as a Jupyter Notebook
- Reading input from your Google Drive
- Utilizing Colab hardware acceleration capabilities
- Combining Colab with TensorFlow
- Getting the most out of Colab’s free resources
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.