In this liveProject, you’ll use Docker to containerize a Spring Boot application and a PostgreSQL database. Containers make your application much easier to scale, and are a key step towards cloud deployment. You’ll use Docker Compose to see how your containerized applications and services interact, and build Dockerfile-based containers with kaniko.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for intermediate Java developers, who are familiar with the basics of enterprise web development. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with the following:
- Intermediate Java
- Basic Docker
- Basic kaniko
- Basics of Maven
- Basics of enterprise web development
- Basics of Dockerfile
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn important technologies for modernizing legacy apps, cloud development, and containerization that are in high demand from modern businesses.
- Running containers in Docker
- Networking with Docker and Docker Compose
- Building containers using buildpacks and the Spring Boot image plugin for Maven/Gradle
- Building Dockerfile-based containers with kaniko
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.