In this liveProject, you’ll ensure that Qrypto Tremolo’s security team can make incremental, verifiable changes to its AWS CloudTrail configuration. To achieve this, you’ll develop a suite of automated tests and CI/CD CodeBuild pipelines to deploy and test changes across the organization.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject series is intended for security engineers with intermediate experience in AWS and infrastructure as code. You will need to be familiar with the following:
- Basic knowledge of *nix/bash command shell, including pipes, redirection, command substitution
- Basic knowledge of the Git version control system
- Basic hands-on experience with AWS CloudFormation
- Basic hands-on experience with the AWS CLI
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS accounts and AWS Organizations
- Basic knowledge of Python 3 programming including: lists, dicts, loops, comprehensions, functions, conditionals
- Basic knowledge of AWS CodeBuild will be helpful
- Intermediate understanding of cloud computing and the AWS platform
- Basic understanding of “infrastructure as code”
- Basic understanding of security concepts
- Basic understanding of CI/CD principles will be helpful
Note: For all milestones in this project beware that it costs money to deploy AWS resources and leave them running. The costs depend upon the type of resource.
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll deploy your AWS CloudFormation templates and develop pytest tests to verify their configuration. Then you’ll fit the deployment and test execution into CodeBuild pipelines to allow for quick changes in production.
- Develop automated tests to verify the AWS CloudTrail configuration
- Develop a CodeBuild pipeline that will trigger on changes to the infrastructure as code
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.