In this liveProject, you’ll write a Python class to manage network connections to your server. You want your class to track the port number and the connections, but instance data is, by definition, not associated with your class. Your challenge is to explore and determine the best ways to associate data with a class and learn how to use a class method.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for both new and experienced Python programmers who want to improve their understanding of the language. To begin this liveProject you will need to be familiar with:
- Python “shell” such as Jupyter Notebook
- Define a class
- Use __dict__ and dir() to inspect Python objects
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll master fundamental Python concepts and techniques that will help you grow as a Python programmer.
- Define a __repr__ method to display instance data
- Experiment with immutable and mutable class attributes
- Use the @classmethod decorator to create class methods