In this liveProject, you’ll construct event sequence graphs to reveal interesting information about soccer games. You’ll work to find longest pass sequences, most important players, and to understand the spatial structure of the game. You’ll define and visualize these graphs, and use connected components to find interesting event subsequences. You’ll quickly be able to uncover insights such as the most important players and the spatial structuring of the playing pitch.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
This liveProject is for data scientists interested in the basic techniques of graph data science. This project is suitable for a large range of expertise levels from beginners to experienced practitioners. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Basic SQL
- Tables, their representation as CSV files
- Basic data science and machine learning
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn the basics of graph data structures and how to define relationships between data.
- Defining graphs based on event sequences
- Defining a pass graph among players
- Defining a graph on areas of the pitch
- Various ways of visualizing these graphs
- Using connected components to find interesting event subsequences
- Applying pagerank and reverse pagerank to gain different importance metrics for players
- Working with LynxKite for efficient graph data science
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.