Understanding Java from the JVM up gives you a solid foundation to grow your expertise and take on advanced techniques for performance, concurrency, containerization, and more.
A required read to understand new technologies.
In The Well-Grounded Java Developer, Second Edition
you will learn:
The Well-Grounded Java Developer, Second Edition
- The new Java module system and why you should use it
- Bytecode for the JVM, including operations and classloading
- Performance tuning the JVM
- Working with Java’s built-in concurrency and expanded options
- Programming in Kotlin and Clojure on the JVM
- Maximizing the benefits from your build/CI tooling with Maven and Gradle
- Running the JVM in containers
- Planning for future JVM releases
introduces both the modern innovations and timeless fundamentals you need to know to become a Java master. Authors Ben Evans, Martijn Verburg, and Jason Clark distil their decades of experience as Java Champions, veteran developers, and key contributors to the Java ecosystem into this clear and practical guide.