Field-tested tips, tricks, and design patterns for building machine learning projects that are deployable, maintainable, and secure from concept to production.
In Machine Learning Engineering in Action
, you will learn:
- Evaluating data science problems to find the most effective solution
- Scoping a machine learning project for usage expectations and budget
- Process techniques that minimize wasted effort and speed up production
- Assessing a project using standardized prototyping work and statistical validation
- Choosing the right technologies and tools for your project
- Making your codebase more understandable, maintainable, and testable
- Automating your troubleshooting and logging practices
Ferrying a machine learning project from your data science team to your end users is no easy task. Machine Learning Engineering in Action
will help you make it simple. Inside, you’ll find fantastic advice from veteran industry expert Ben Wilson, Principal Resident Solutions Architect at Databricks.
Ben introduces his personal toolbox of techniques for building deployable and maintainable production machine learning systems. You’ll learn the importance of Agile methodologies for fast prototyping and conferring with stakeholders, while developing a new appreciation for the importance of planning. Adopting well-established software development standards will help you deliver better code management, and make it easier to test, scale, and even reuse your machine learning code. Every method is explained in a friendly, peer-to-peer style and illustrated with production-ready source code.